Are you unhappy with your weight – but find it impossible to stick to a diet, or healthy eating program?
Laurie is a certified Qigong Instructor and Mindful Eating Coach based here in Norwich. She created her signature program ‘Eattitude : How to Change your Attitude to Food and Get a Life and a Body you Love’, to help anyone struggling with their weight to:
* Get healthy and break free from chronic yo yo dieting.
* Feel neutral about food.
* Learn how to take care of themselves instinctually, motivated from the inside out to prioritise their health and well-being.
* Redefine self care as a way to nourish their whole life (mind, body and emotions) with kindness and respect.
* Feel amazing in the body they have right now.
Having spent over 30 years trapped in the diet-binge-cycle herself, she is both passionate and compassionate in her work, and uses her personal experience combined with professional training to help others reclaim their health and self-worth. You can connect with Laurie on Facebook and Instagram @eattitudeuk and find out about her classes, courses and retreats.
Hi, I’m Laurie and I struggled with my weight for more than 30 years, so I know exactly how frustrating it is. I tried every diet, every detox, every cleanse – I even trained to be a nutritionist; I was totally convinced that if I just knew the secret to healthy eating, losing weight would be natural, effortless. But guess what – that never happened!
I would start out full of determination and hope, clear out the cupboards and hit the health shops with a shopping list as long as my arm – but it would always end in more or less the same way…Picture this: me, knee deep in the bread basket with a slab of butter in one hand and a knife in the other, ready to go for it!
As you can probably imagine, this did nothing for my waistline, or my self-esteem. I thought I had everything to gain by losing weight – confidence, happiness, popularity, but I just didn’t seem to have the self control to see it through. What was wrong with me?
If you can relate to that, if you are reading this nodding your head, then come and join me, Laurie Paradot, on January 6th at Yes Group Norwich, when I’ll be taking a look at what you can do when diets don’t work.
I was 40 years old when I realised I couldn’t put myself through the misery of one more diet. I had to find a different way to get a life and a body I loved – one that didn’t make me feel deprived, miserable, hungry or unsatisfied. A way that allowed me to enjoy food and eating without guilt or fear of weight gain.
Today my weight is healthy and stable – without dieting. I am well nourished and strong, I have energy to live my life and I am finally happy.
I’m going to be letting you know exactly how I did it, and I’ll be busting some cultural myths about dieting, health and weight too, including:
* The real reason you can’t stick to your diet, or healthy eating program. (Hint – it’s probably not because you are greedy, addicted to food or lack will-power)
* What happens to your body, mind and emotions when you diet, or try to restrict or control what you eat.
* What happens after the diet(s).
* Why will-power and self-control aren’t the answer, and how they may actually be working against you.
* How conventional attempts to control what you eat set you up to fail, time and time again, until you believe you cannot be trusted around certain foods, or that you are addicted to certain foods.
I’ll be sharing:
* How to get to grips with mindless eating, emotional eating, food cravings, and binge-eating.
* A powerful way to tap into your Instinctual Health Drive – an innate, inborn and natural instinct to thrive, to take care of yourself, to nourish yourself and your body without having to overthink it, plan it, or count points, calories or macros.
* And the single most important mindset shift you need to make in order to finally end the struggle, and heal your relationship with food, eating and your body for life.
Event date: January 25th
Time: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Venue: The Forum, Norwich
Cost: £5 per person