YES Group is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We adhere to the requirements of data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
In accordance with the new GDPR legislation we are amending our privacy notice to clarify what data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
When you place an order, we need to know your name, address, phone number, email address and payment details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
YES Group offer a great value service and by using our service, you agree that we will use your personal information to update you about service updates and new products/services.
We do not sell, rent your data or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons without your consent, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
At our events you have the opportunity meet our sponsors and table holders. If you wish to stay connected with them then you can do so directly when you provide them your contact details. This is between you and them if you wish to give any of them your contact details or more, we now ask them to be GDPR compliant as part of our booking terms and conditions.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details.
To assist in your navigation of our site we use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to allow you to login to the YES Group member area. A cookie is an element of data that our customer area sends to your web browser which is then stored on your system.
What data we store
We may store your contact details, normally name and email. But sometimes your physical address and telephone number. The events you attend or express interest in and the ones you attended.
Where we store your data
We store data in databases with Mailchimp and Google applications. All these companies are GDPR compliant.
Why we store your data
We store your data to let you know about our other events you may wish to attend and our charitable objectives to include Basket Brigade. We may also inform you of our supporters and sponsors activities. But we don’t rent our list.
How long we keep your data for
We will keep your data until you opt out, as you can from all our promotional emails and we also remind you of your option to remove yourself from our communications and/or databases each year.
What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details below to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact using the details below to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details below. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods:
- until you ask us to delete it
- you opt out
When an account is deleted, this information cannot be used to identify you. All personally identifying information is deleted immediately on your request.
Information About Us
Our site is owned and operated by YES Group Norwich.
Contact Address: 2 The Octagon, St Andrews Park, Norwich. NR7 0GQ
For Data Protection queries please contact: Nick Powell
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org